The Blog

Saturday, January 8, 2011

A date with nature

I went hiking yesterday. For the very first time after 24 years of living life. I always believe in the opportunities and chances to try new stuff, new activities that might not be my cup of tea. Also to the opportunity to make new friends, exercise the muscles, do good to the body, inhale the fresh air. The experience was very refreshing. Thank you Allah s.w.t. for blessing me with good health, for that I am able to hike hill, experience the jungle.

So, yeah I went hiking Bukit Tabur with some friends. You might be wondering so I tell you now, Bukit Tabur is near Taman Melawati. Click here for more info. Very excited at first but then along the way, I get exhausted, almost feel like giving up but doesn't want to appear like a loser in front of others (hehehehehe i'm too eager to see what's next, how it's like reaching the top). What can I say is almost 90% of the pathway is steep. Real steep you have to be extra careful in each steps you take. Thanx to someone who keeps reminding me to be careful (almost every minute :p), careful and careful. Not to scare you readers, there was a case where a Japanese tourist died here, believed to have slipped during hiking (if I've been told this prior to hiking, it would bother me, of course). I think it is important to share it with you, so that you can be alert and extra careful when you go hiking.

One thing I learned about hiking steep jungle, you have to bend yourself a little and set your hands on trees, hard branches, rocks or anything that helps you to climb further. Of course, your hands are gonna get quite rough by the time you reach the top, so be tough!


This is the view you get from up the hill, showing the area of Taman Melawati and nearby. If you want a better view, climb higher please.


If you climb higher like I did, this is what you get. The view is clearer and of course, things are getting smaller.


This is Klang Gates Dam, the major supplier of drinking water to the residents of KL. The sky is dark, explains the windy weather during yesterday's hiking. The photo is raw, not edited at all to decrease brightness.


Like i said, if you climb higher, you get a breathtaking view. Worth every sweat.



I made it. Yay.


Next time I go climb a hill, I should bring with me at least two bottles of mineral water. I tell you, you gonna get very very thirsty along the way. This apply to both girls and guys, unless you think you can do without water, then that's fine. Bring sandwiches too, you can have them when you reached the top. Hehehe. For precaution, bring some oil and handplast, just in case you get a cut.

Go date with the nature.

Good day, people.


4 comments: